Bus Trip: Hudson Hallelujah!
May 07, 2020
June 29, 2022 Hallelujah Hudson Bus Trip
Sit back. Relax. Leave the driving to us as the Rollin' Garden Party Bus visits two oustandng gardens on the Hudson River, complete with guided tours.
First Stop: Blithewood, a Classical Italianate garden decorates Levy Economics Institute at Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. But just how did Italianate classicism end up here along the Hudson River and its bucolic surroundings? See how it happened here
at Blithewood, now a Garden Conservancy Preservation Project.
Stop Two: Lunch on our own in Red Hook with eateries galore. A list is upcoming for trip-takers.
Stop 3: Guided tour of a sophisticated private garden by the owner, who is heavily involved in the world of public gardens. See unusual design and plants such as rosemary willow, a privacy with native plants, an outdoor shower with orchids and lots more.
Stop 4: Montgomery Place Orchards Farm Market, historically know as the Wayside Stand
offesr local produce in season, perennials, wood-fired fresh-baked bread, non-homogenized milk with the cream at the top, drinkable yogurt, farmstead cheese... I could go on and on. See it here.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022. Rain or Shine.
- Bus leaves Rockaway Townsquare Mall, Rt.80 & Mount Hope Ave., Rockaway at 8:30 SHARP and returns approximately 6:30.
- Fee: $79 includes bus, driver tip, garden admissions, guided tours.
- First come; first served. Please reserve as soon as possible. Payment must accompany registration
- No refunds after June 22 unles trip is cancelled due to insufficient registration.
- Please make check/money order payable to DIG IT!
- Mail to: DIG IT! Magazine, PO Box 397, Augusta, NJ 07822
- Bus seats limited! Seat secured with registration. First come; first served!
- You must be vaccinated against Covid, given the enclosed nature of the bus. Masks are optional. Thanks for your understanding.
** All photos by Mary Jasch
More Garden Bus Trips
Print this page: